Anywho...well the trip was amazing. We left Las Vegas at 0230 in the morning. Gotta love the red eye flights. This is what Quin and I looked like...
Good thing we're married and he can still love me even when I look like crap. Well our plane arrived in Honolulu Hawaii at 0630 am. Famous words of my mother..."There is a method to our madness!" We didn't want to wast any beach time! This is me and Quin really excited after we landed!
After we arrived we got our luggage, got our rental car, and off we went to the beach house. My Uncle Jon, Aunt Neige, and thier two adorable kids slash my cousins Sydney and Nathaniel live there and own two beach houses and we were lucky enough to get to stay in one of them! (The other is still being built). The beach house was awesome. My parents and Quin and I stayed in the main house. Whitney, Chase, and Brett stayed in the guest house which was right next to the main house. The beach house was right on the beach. We just walked straight out and thats where we were the whole morning. I seriously love the beach.
After spending a couple hours on the beach we went into Waikiki to the International Market Place. It was fun just to walk around and look at all the fun shops. I ended up buying a pearl ring. I even got to pick the pearl right out the clam! It was pretty fun. And you can get one too! They won't let you leave til you do! Fun experience. Well that night I think we went to bed at like 8. We were so dead. The next day, Saturday, we went to the beach of course in the morning.
That afternoon we went to the swap meet. Quin and I got some cool souvenirs; a couple shirts (he got an aloha shirt), a cute picture frame (for our new apartment together...whenever we finally get one), a turtle magnet (I love the little turtles over there. So cute!), a tiki man (the guy even carved MONSON on the back of it for us! It looks so cool!), and I can't remember what else so I'll just say that was it. Well after that we went to Waikiki beach. Busiest beach in all of Hawaii. We decided not to go back there again. We still had fun though!
On Sunday we went to church that morning. Afterwards we went to Pearl Harbor and Pali Lookout and then drove around the whole island! It took us the rest of the day. It was fun to see the whole thing though.Here a couple pictures from Pearl Harbor.
Here are some from Pali Lookout...and this is my dad, the ultimate tourist with his video camera haha
It was so windy up there!
But so pretty!!
We stopped by BYU Hawaii and the temple
Watched the sunset on Sunset Beach
All in all Sunday was a good relaxing day! How can you not in Hawaii! We were also able to stop by Quins old house he stayed in when he lived in Hawaii called the Goat House. Two of his old roommates still lived there.
On Monday we kinda did alot of random things on our way to the Polynesian Cultural Center. My cousin Kristina, who lives there also, drove out to our beach house that morning and took us to the Dole Plantation and, of course, to Matsumoto's Shave Ice in Haliewa. They have the best shave ice around! We also stopped by the new beach house on North Shore. It isn't finished yet but it is going to be amazing! We'll have to come back and stay in that one next time. It is located right off of turtle beach and right on the beach where LOST was filmed! That was pretty neat. After stopping there we finally made it to the PCC where we spent the rest of the day. We were able to see the new night show. When Quin lived there he worked at the PCC night show as one of the spotlighters. We went up and visited some of his old co-workers and were able to sit up there with them during the show. It was pretty fun!
Here is us at the Dole Plantation...
PCC...
Tuesday we went to Wiamea Bay and just hung out on the beach all day. It was very relaxing and it was such a beautiful beach! The weather wasn't the greatest that morning so right when we got to the beach it rained a little bit but after that it was fairly good. We had fun as always! We buried Quin and made him into a mermaid. There is also a big rock you can jump off so the guys went and did that. My Aunt Neige, Sydney, and Nathaniel also came with us! It was seriously so fun laying out on the beach all day and playing in the water!



Wednesday we went to Hanauma Bay and snorkled It was pretty fun and the fish were pretty amazing.
We also went to Sandy's Beach. The waves were huge! Everyone was out on boogie boards and they would just get sucked up into the pipe of the wave. It was crazy and fun to watch! This was the sign right in front of the water. Quin was the only one whe actually went out and body surfed a little bit.
Thursday morning at about 4 a.m. Quin, me, my dad, and Chase did a hike called the Stairway to Heaven also known as the Haiku Stairs. They are closed off to the public and no one is supposed to hike them. Of course, we did. it is a 2,120 foot long trail with 3,922 stairs to climb. They used to be a hike that anyone and everyone could go on but they closed them down some years ago and so thats why you have to go at 4 in the morning so you get there before the guard does at 7. Haha it was the most awesome hike i've ever been on. Yes its like you are doing a continuous stair stepper for 3 hours but it was so beautiful! And i've never been so sore in my life afterwards. Here is us startin out.
First sign of warning...
Second sign of warning...
Third sign of warning...
Didn't stop us :)
Yeah its that intense...haha
The sun barely coming up...
At the first platform...
The bamboo forest!
The rest of the day we were pretty tired. We went to my aunt and uncles house after we got back. They are members of a Canoe Club. I'm not exactly sure what it is but it was pretty sweet! We went to this little private beach and we went paddle boarding and just layed out the rest of the day. We went to thier house that evening and swam in their pool, ate pizza, and watched the finals. It was a pretty fun and looonnnggg day. I was pretty wiped out by the end of it.
Swimming with Sydney!

Quin trying to hula

All the cousins

Nathaniel and me. He is soooo CUTE!!!

Our last day their we spent the day at Lanikai Beach. It was really beautiful there too! I would live in Lanikai for sure haha. We went shopping at Ala Moana mall later that afternoon as well. Quin finally bought some board shorts. Everywhere we went he would look for some. He is the most difficult person to shop with because he won't make any decisions! Haha so thats when I have to tell him which to buy. Oh i love him!
Well thats the end of our Hawaii trip. I'm so sad to have left from such a beautiful place but its nice to be home. We still have plenty of busy times left for the summer. We leave next Wednesday for Peru. I'm so excited for that trip as well! We get to go to Machu Pichu and also up in to Ecuador so it'll be an pretty awesome trip as well.
Since this post isn't LONG enough (haha sorry) a little update...Quin is currently golfing with 11 other guys in Palm Springs, CA. They left Wednesday and will FINALLY be home tonight pretty late. They have been golfed everyday all day. More golfing then I could handle thats for sure but hes been having some fun! This is the first time we haven't been together since we've been married and its so weird! It almost feels like we are dating again. I'm definitely excited for him to come home. I had to drop him off Wednesday in Vegas and my friend Ashley Gibson was going through the temple for the first time so I was able to go through with her. It was so fun to see her there and it was such a nice session. That temple is so gorgeous! Anywho...i won't make this any longer than it is. All in all we are loving life! I still promise more pictures from the wedding will be coming. I still don't have them yet...
Well until next time!!!
Dani and Quin, im so glad that you had a blast on your first trip as a married couple! I'm so glad that both of you are so happy! I can't wait to see more pictures from the wedding! please be careful, and be safe in preu! talk to you soon :) love you both, Elyse
ReplyDeleteLooks like you two had a blast in Hawaii! Congratulations on the wedding, you guys look so happy together!
ReplyDelete