Omaha Nebraska...what a great place. Quin and i just back from visiting. You are probably wondering why on earth would anyone go to Omaha? Well its a great little place and its so pretty there! Plus...I have alot of family that live there. My Great Grandma lives there so we try to go back and visit every so often. She is 98 years old and I don't think she will die anytime soon! She is sooo full of energy and quite hilarious! My moms first cousins daughter (so I think that makes her my third cousin) was getting married also so we were able to attend her wedding as well. They are all Catholic so it was kinda different...ok REALLY different but interesting to experience.
Well Quin, me, and my mom flew out on Friday, July 9 and arrived in Omaha around noon. Wow was it dang humid! Thats when I miss the dry heat back here at home :). Anyways...my grandparents had been there since Wednesday so they came and picked us up. Our rental car was a Dodge Charger! Way sweet car. Anywho, the wedding was that night. It was in a catholic church at Creighton University. Beautiful building! The wedding itself was about an hour and a half long. We were in the very back so we didn't really get to see them. It was interesting though! We were probably the only ones there not knowing what to say back when the pastor (or priest or something, i'm not sure what they are called :/...) would say something. Yep we just stood there like the mormons we are and smiled awkwardly. It was great.
After the wedding we went to the reception. Its unbelievable how much you can spend at a wedding!! It was pretty fun, good food, and even an open bar! We definitely spent our whole time there ;).
Saturday was a good day of visiting family. We also went to the Pedestrian bridge where you can walk across the Missouri River into Iowa. That was pretty cool. It was so hot and humid though! We were sweating just walking. We also went to Old Market. There is just a ton of old shops and cobblestone streets. They even have horse-drawn carriages! If it wasn't so much money I'd be all over that.
Iowa and Nebraska!
Sunday of course we went to church. And guess who we saw there?!?!?! Our good friends Jeff and Kristy Manning! It was so crazy to see them there! They actually moved there a month ago. Jeff got into Pharmacy school there at Creighton. They have the cutest house and the most adorable puppy. Its a Basset Hound. When he runs he trips over his long ears! It was so cute. After a big dinner with the family, dropping my mom off at the airport (she had to get back for work Monday), we went over to Jeff and Kristys house to visit. We had such a good time!
We met up with them the next day after going shopping at the best Furniture Store in the whole country! No joke...its the biggest one in America! I was in heaven. Anyways...we went to the Winter Quarters Temple. They have the Mormon cemetery on the temple grounds and also the visitors center. I've been there multiple times but this time, to our surprise, our other friend Stephanie Brady was there. Or I should say Sister Brady! She is serving her mission there and it was awesome to see her! Shes been out a little over a year. She also gave us our tour! It was a blast! Later that day we went to see the movie Dispicable Me. Hilarious. I absolutely loved it! I would definitely go see it again. Well to top the night off we ate out at Applebees...half off appetizers! We couldn't pass it up.
Being Pioneers :)
Sister Brady!!
Tuesday we flew home. Omaha was a last minute trip and it was surprisingly so much fun! We were so excited to hang out with Jeff and Kristy, see Sister Brady, visit family, and be somewhere different for a couple days. We couldn't of asked for a better time there!! Hopefully Quin will get accepted to Dental school there and we can move there too!! How crazy would that be? We would love it!
So is so crazy that Stephanie did your tour!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you guys have had such a fun summer. I love those little trips you take to nowhere and you have the greatest time. By the way I wasn't even that surprised when I read about your dads project. That man is crazy, but I guess that is why we all love him. Well I hope all is well with you and Quin. Talk to you later.
ReplyDeleteDani i love your blog, and now i think you should love kentucky and i will give you a tour! I'll even do it in spanish! haha.
ReplyDelete