Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh dear...

So the other day, Quin, my dad, and I were sitting around my back porch. I was studying. Quin was reading. And my dad was just relaxing. The next thing we know, my dad is up moving our cars out of our driveway, goes and gets the tractor and starts hauling away the gravel. (For those of you who don't know, I grew up on a farm where my parents still live at. Our driveway is not cement like most everyone elses. Its a bunch of rocks.) Anyways, Quin and I look at eachother dumbfounded as to why he all of a sudden starts doing this. The first thought that popped into my mind was how mad my mom was going to be. And boy was I right! Let me tell you why...My mom loves flowers. We have them everywhere at our house. Well its hard to water all of these flowers especially in the dead heat of the summer. She figured out a way to cut watering flower time in half by putting those little black lines in that go from wherever your hose is to wherever the flowers are. Well in order for the flowers on the other side of the driveway to get the water, she had them buried underneath the rocks in our driveway, the rocks my dad just hauled away. Yep. There went my moms water lines.
So when my mom gets home, of course she is pretty ticked. My dad starts expaining why he randomly started hauling away our driveway. He wants to build a three car garage...with a loft. Thats my dad for ya. Always has projects but never any time. Hes a pretty busy man! But anyways, that is just the beginning.
Friday, him and Quin go to St. George to buy some supplies and to drop off our washer and dryer we just purchased!! (I'm excited about that one.) Saturday the work begins. After hauling a bunch of dirt back in (he has to create some kind of raised place to poor cement), setting up the bricks for a retaining wall...it starts to rain. And not just any kind of rain...pooring rain! They keep on working...

My dad finally got smart and went underneath the grainery.

My brother and me followed. But not Quin! He was trying to beat the rain and was getting soaked! It was hilarious. We had to yell at him multiple times to leave it.

He finally did. But he was already soaked til the bone!


Our driveway...A big mud pit
We sat under there til the rain passed. Then they went back to work. Nevada never stays cool for long. The sun came out and it was even hotter then before with the humidity! It was funny though and I just had to blog about it. I love my family! We're teaching Quin to be a farm boy haha and he enjoys it so far. I'm sure he is glad we will be leaving it soon! Kudos to the three numbskulls...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I'm so happy to find your blog. Haha your dad is crazy. You guys were just relaxin while he was dreamin up this huge plan. Having a 3 car garage will be great tho! Your funny cuz your dissin on your gravel drive way, but dont forget thats better than most driveways in alamo. They usually consist of DIRT lol!!!!! It is so much fun and so easy to live in a place with just you and your hubby huh? Did you pass your big nursing test?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showin some love :D