So our week had been pretty busy. We hadn't seen eachother as much as usual. He was out of town for a recruiting trip for the school and I had a butt load of tests to study for a take as always. Well he told me at the beginning of the week that he wanted to plan something special for us to do since we both knew we would be busy. We decided Thursday would work after he got back from his trip. He told me it would be a surprise and me being horrible at surprises kept bugging him to tell me what it was! He wouldn't of course. Well Thursday's he has class until 4:30 so we decided to meet up after that. He told me to wear crappy clothes so I immediately thought we were going hiking or something. He also told me there were going to be a couple other people coming with us.
Well he picked my up around 5:00 and I was pretty excited just to see him. I had an intramural volleball game at 7 that I had to get back for so I told him we couldn't be out for too long. It was the championship game so I couldn't miss it! We drove out to Bloomington and he kept driving really slow and turing around alot like he was lost. It was kind of getting annoying. I mean I had a volleyball game to get back for! So when we finally reached the house we were supposed to be at I had no clue what the heck we would be doing yet. I was already a little bugged that we were taking so long. No one was around. So we started walking across the street and there was a corral around the corner behind some houses. We crawled through the fence and I saw one horse saddled and ready to go. I got excited and realized we were going horseback riding! I love horses and have always loved riding them. With only one horse saddled I figured we were both riding on the same one. I didn't know how that was going to work! After about ten minutes Keith and Nick come roaring up on a fourwheeler. We get the rest of the horses saddled and we were off!
The horse I was on liked to be out front so I was out in front the whole time. Quins horse was a little high strung and it was a little funny to see Quin on a horse. He did great though. Anywho...we rode for about fifteen minutes, crossed a lovely stream, and decided to head up this mountain.
Keith and Nick "forgot" that they were supposed to meet Keiths sister and take her some stuff. (He brought the bag of stuff with him to meet her with). Well Quin and I kept going up this mountain and at the top I saw some flowers sticking up from some rocks and a red blanket. My first though was that it was a grave or something. But looking closer it wasn't a grave at all! I immediately go way excited!! I kinda figured it out by now what was happening. We got off our horses and got over to the blanket. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes! After two years of dating it was about time!! There were flowers, my favorite treat (white chocolate covered pretzals), and a new set of scriptures with Dani H. Monson on the cover. He did so good!!! I absolutely loved every minutes of it.
Haha I love that last picture. Check out his pants! Well there you have it! Thats the story. It was amazing and I couldn't be happier!!!! We are getting married on May 15th in the Salt Lake City Temple! Its coming up quick!! YAY!!
Oh and yes I did make it back for my volleyball game about 40 minutes late. But I at least made it for the championship game...which sadly we lost. But it was still a great day! And thanks to Keith and Nick for helping!! They did awesome. That little four wheeler stroll wasn't just a stroll. They almost died hurrying to put out all the stuff on the mountain! You're great guys!
That is a super cute story!!!! I am so excite for the both of you and he better treat you like gold or the lunch ladies of Dixie State will be after him!!!! Once again I am so excited for you and the wonderful life ahead of you!! Can't wait for a invite ;)
ReplyDeleteOh Dani! I just love you-I am so happy that you are starting a blog. Now all you have to do is make sure you keep it up! I am going to miss you so much!
ReplyDelete