Sunday, October 3, 2010

St. George Marathon

This weekend was the St. George Marathon. 26.2 miles of pure agony. Quin and I say we want to run it but that means we actually have to run. I hate running. I'll do anything else but run. So we'll see about this one. It would be fun to do and say that we actually ran a marathon though. We went this year to cheer on his brother and sis in law, Dean and Amber. They did really well! They have been training forever it seems. Quins parents and Uncle Tracy came down to watch and see the new addition to the family. I was a volunteer at one of the nursing stations. I was at mile 24 so everyone was pretty pooped when they made it that far. I pretty much just lathered Bengay all over peoples sweaty legs and backs when they needed it. Yummy. They said this year was one of the worst years for injuries but we didn't see any at our station. At mile 25, a guy went into cardiac arrest. How horrible would that be to make it that far, only 1.2 more miles left to finish, and have to be carted off to the hospital! At least he is ok though.

It was a fun filled day. We were at the marathon all morning, went to lunch at Mongolian BBQ (love it), and went to Allies soccer game. They are only 4 years old and it is hilarious to watch them. They just run around and try to kick the ball as hard as they can and it only goes about 2 feet in front of them. They even fight after the ball with their own teammates. It was great. I love watching little kids sports. Saturday night the girls went shopping while the men went to Preisthood. We went to Roberts because it was Ladies NIght Out. So fun!! I love that store in the first place and then add a bunch of games and sales and its pure happiness. We had a great weekend with the family and love it when the Monson's come down to visit! They stayed at our place this time so it was fun to have them here. We've been watching conference today and it has been great to relax and enjoy a nice sunday. Conference is always great and so uplifting!

Getting ready to lather Bengay on the runners

Dean and Amber

Finished!

Allie fighting for the ball

Grandma and Allie

On a different note...can you believe it is OCTOBER?!? I don't feel like we even had a September in there. Time is going by so fast. We put up our Halloween decoration this past week and we've already been invited to a Halloween party. I'm not sure if i'm ready for summer to be officially over! I guess it already is. First day of fall was a little bit ago. It doesn't seem like it here. It is still in the 90's! Hopefully having summer last long won't mean winter will last long too! I like my warm weather :).

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showin some love :D