
So this weekend, the Ironman race was in St. George for the first time ever! For those of you who don't know what the Ironman is...its an insane race. First you swim 2.4 miles. Then bike 112 miles. THEN run a marathon of 26.2 miles. One of those alone would kill me off. These athletes that participate in this are seriously the most awesome people ever. I don't even know how you would begin to train for such a thing. The endurance you would have to possess...Dang I wish I could do it!
Quin and I had the oppurtunity to be volunteers at it. Well I more so talked Quin in to volunteering with me and it turned out pretty fun! We were "pointers" along the bike route somewhere out by Ivins. It was such a pretty area. We go out there at 7:30am and stayed until around 3:30 pm. It was a pretty long day! All we really had to do was make sure that cars didn't get too crazy trying to cross the intersection and run in to the bikers or anything. The roads were blocked off in alot of places. People would get so mad that they would have to take a detour. Dang people...this is the Ironman! Do you not realize how awesome it is?!? Especially for it to be in St. George?!? They said it has been contracted for the next 5 years to be held in St. George so I think that is pretty neat! There were around 2,300 athletes participating in it, from 30 different countries and 47 different states...how cool!! The oldest athlete was 74 and the youngest was 19. Like I said before...insane. All in all we had a great time there. We even made friends with a cop in a wwwaaaayyyy nice Dodge Charger. He told us we were his favorite volunteers because we were so full of energy and stuck around through it all! Oh yeah! Now please tell all your cop friends to never give us a ticket ha.
Well here are some pictures of Quin and me during our lovely experience at the Ironman!
Here is us when we first got there in the early morning hours!
And this is pretty much what we did the whole time
And a little of this....
And some of this...sometimes they were angry
I get to marry this hot thing
This was the pretty view of where we were. And we have our Ironman shirts on! They only had larges left so my shirt was huge. It fits Quin well though!
Passing the time
Well there you have it...the Ironman is the coolest thing ever. And we were the coolest volunteers ever. As you can tell :)
Onto the next subject of this weekend...it was my Bridal Shower!! My amazing sister Whitney did such an awesome job planning it. She made the greatest dinner of kalua pork, rice, salad, juice, and even orange julius for dessert! Yeah she is wonderful. It was so fun to hang out with everyone and talk about whats to come!! Thanks everyone for coming! I had an awesome time! Here is a pic of some of the girls. Not everyone who came is in it...sorry guys! But I still love ya all.
Another fun thing that happened this weekend was that we were invited over for sunday dinner at a member of our bishoprics house, Brother Brooks and his awesome chef for a wife Mama Brooks. It was also an amazing dinner! They are seriously the nicest people ever. They made a dinner for all the "soon to be wed" couples in our ward. There were about six couples that came. It was fun to talk to them all and here their stories!
Well thats all for now. Sorry its so long!
P.S. 13 more days til our wedding!!!!
I can't believe your wedding is so soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad I couldn't make it to your bridal shower! I hope it was so great!
Oh boy I just keep getting more and more excited for you!
ReplyDeleteHey Dani,
ReplyDeleteThis is your soon to be Sis-in-law amber. Your blog is so cute. I sent you and quin an invite to our family blog. Sorry I missed the shower dean had to work and I didnt think it would be to cool to show up to a bridal shower with three kiddo's, but we did get you guys a gift.