This past weekend we went to CALIFORNIA!!! My little brother, Chase, had a football game in Long Beach on Saturday so my family decided to make a weekend out of it and go to Disneyland as well. My family is huge into Disneyland, especially my mom. We used to go every summer when I was little. You can never be too old to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth!! Quin doesn't think so. He thinks were all too old to go but he still had a great time.
We headed down Thursday night after celebrating Quins birthday. We woke up bright and early to get ready and get there right as the park opened. My mom wouldn't have it any other way. She woke us all up and made us hurry. She wouldn't even let us stop at McDonald's to grab something to eat (she's a little crazy when it comes to Disneyland). Well when we finally got into the park we ate some yummy breakfast there. Pirates of the Caribbean was our first ride. Even though my mom loves Disneyland she is a pansy on most of the rides. Pirates has a little drop at the beginning, which to me, makes the whole ride. Of course we also went on Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, and pretty much every other big ride there at least once, mostly more than that though. When we went on Splash Mountain we put Quin in front...not a good idea. Putting the heaviest person in front only makes you get wet even more. Quin got the most wet. I have to say though it was pretty hilarious! We had park hoppers to go to California Adventures too. My most favorite ride is over there so we had to go! I love, love, love Hollywood Tower of Terror. It only lasts like 3 minutes but it is so fun! We got my mom to go on it and she freaked out. She doesn't do well with the free falling in an elevator shaft. The roller coaster was a blast also. She wouldn't go on that one. We spent all day and all night there with a little break for naps in the afternoon. Young or old you always need a rejuvenating nap to keep ya going til midnight!
It was a fabulous day! The weather was perfect. It only got into the high 70's! The lines weren't even long either. I think the most we had to wait was 20 minutes which is dang good for Disneyland! I recommend going in September. Although, I don't think Quin will want to go back again until we have kids to take.
Chases game was Saturday. We played the high school from Catalina Island, Avalon I believe is their school name. They were pretty big boys and Alamo boys aren't so much. They all mostly look like twigs are coming out of a box of pads. Despite our little guys, we killed them! We won 54 - 0. Chase scored 4 touchdowns. What a stud. They didn't give us a very good game but it was still fun to watch. I hadn't seen Chase play this year yet so I'm glad we were able to go and support him! After the game we went to Huntington Beach which was waaaaay windy and cold. Bummer because I love the beach. Since it was so cold, Quin and I went shopping in all the shops across from the pier. I love all the stores there and only wish I could buy everything! We controlled ourselves and only bought some t-shirts that were on sale from the US Open of Surfing for $8. We didn't technically go to it but we got t-shirts! We drove back to Las Vegas that night and stayed at my grandparents then headed back to St. George Sunday. What a great weekend!!
Just getting to Disneyland!
The entrance
Eating breakfast
On Indiana Jones ride
The river
Splash Mountain!
Quin got soaked!
On the Matterhorn
On Bear River Rapids
Radiator Springs!
Waiting in line for A Bugs Life
Chase at his game
Scoring a touchdown! Stupid guy put his arms up right when I took the picture. Not cool.
Showing our support
Good Job Chase!!
Huntington Beach
P.S. Quin and I will have been married for 4 months tomorrow!! It seems like so much longer than that!

I am glad you had so much fun. Tell your husband Happy Birthday for me. I am way jealous that you got to go to the beach. I want to go so bad, but of coarse I live in the Arctic where there is only cold and snow. Congrats on 4 months it will start speeding by believe me I have been married over two years now and it seemed like yesterday we got married. I hope I will see you all soon. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteWell if you go back to a day that you guys should have been married ( FOREVER AGO ) then it has been A LOT longer than that;)
ReplyDelete