Monday, September 20, 2010

I don't know about this one...

Have you ever heard of ear wax candles? For some reason Quin heard about them and has been dying to try them. It is a long, hollow tube thingy that you stick in your ear and set on fire and supposedly it cleans your ears and gets all the ear wax out. We were a bit curious and we got all our friends curious about it too. So one night we decided to have a party, an ear waxing party, if you will.

Here is the "candle" you put in your ear. I put it next to a pen so you could see how long it was.

We put it through a paper plate so the ashes wouldn't fall on our heads. Then we lit them.

Looks fun, huh?

It took forever! We kept a flame going too and I think your just supposed to let it simmer all the way down. This is it getting to the line where you were supposed to stop it.

And thats the result. The yellow, brown, gross looking powdery stuff is what came out of Quin's ear. Weird huh?
We're not sure if this really worked but some people swear by it! They say you can hear better afterwards and it helps your ears not build up so much wax. I'm not really sure if I believe it or not because I feel like I hear the same. But it was a fun thing to try! We had a good time. One of our friends came out green! We're not sure why hers was that color. It's kinda gross if you think about it. But...don't think about it. Just try it and see for yourself. I'm going to try and find out if this really works too. I'm curious to know if that really is ear wax!!

Gross.

Happy Earwaxing to all.

4 comments:

  1. That is so NAST!! haha jk I have actually heard about that before, but I have never tried it. I think you have inspired me to try it lol at least make Justin try it. Where did you buy them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can just get them at any natural grocer place. Like the stores that sell organic stuff with all that natural vitamins and food and all that. They aren't too much either! You should definitely try them. It is a weird thing but fun to try at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! We totally tried those! It was fun, but I'm not sure if they worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gross you sickos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showin some love :D