Wednesday, June 1, 2011

the good old days.

The other day I was going through all my old pictures from when I first came to college. I was laughing my head off. By myself. Remembering all the fun we had during college made me so happy. Looking back at those fun years made me think of all the good friends I made, the roommates I had, the experiences we shared together, and now how we've all changed. Most of us are married, some with kids, but I will always consider them my good friends. I can't believe I've been graduated for five years! It makes me feel old. I guess Quin has been graduated for seven so it makes me feel a little better...haha. Kidding.

Anyways, I thought i'd share some of these wonderful memories. Coming to college was one of the best decisions I ever made. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to come to Dixie but my best friend Chelsi wanted to go so I applied with her. I ended up getting a really good scholarship and everything just worked our really well. I'm so glad I came to St. George. I made a ton of friends, experienced life, and had the best time. I met Quin here at college which was probably the best thing that came out of it.

Enjoy some pictures of the good ole college days!!
They bring back some good memories!

This was the first time I actually hung out with Quin back in 2007. We all wanted to dye a strip of red in our hair...i'm not sure why but we thought we were pretty dang cool. After that, we swore everyone had a strip of color in their hair and we were so sure that everyone copied us! Haha. We totally thought we were the trend setters.
(PS. Look how stinkin funny and young we look)


I'm not sure quite where we came up with this one but we all were in on it thats for sure. It was hilarious and we probably scared a lot of boys away from doing this. We came up with a Poop Rally. We kept track for a week how much we pooped. It was hilarious! I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out right before this so I hadn't gone much at the first. But yes...we are strange girls and we all had a good laugh about it.


Look how big I used to poof my hair! I can't believe I ever walked around with the "Utard Poof". Slash this is my best friend Chelsi. We have been best friends since we were two!

Multiple trips to the lake to go cliff jumping, swimming, boating, tubing, and camping. St. George will always have the best boating memories! We went a ton and we always had a blast. Sand Hollow was the lake we frequented the most. I love the lake and everything there is to do on one.

Check us out. We thought we were pretty hot stuff! 


This was at Lake Mead. It was right after Quin and I started "hangin out" alot more and dating. I was so excited to go with him. It seemed so long ago. This was November 2007. And it was still warm enough to boat. I love that! We had a blast.


This was at Lake Powell during Spring Break 2009. I had to wear a wet suit when I wake boarded cuz the water was still pretty dang cold!

This was Spring Break 2008. We all went to Cali and were on The Price is Right! We slept out on the street that night so that we could have good seats. It was worth it cuz we were on the second row! Jon even got called up and won a bunch of stuff. We had a blast. This was the trip that Sarah (furthest one on the left) had her first alcoholic drink. Of course she didn't mean to but since the waitress brought it out how were we supposed to know!

We did a lot of hikes up at Zion. This is when we hiked Angels Landing. The snow hadn't quite all melted yet but we sure had fun sliding down Walters Wiggles on the slick ice and snow!

Toquerville Falls. Not really a hike but it was a fun place to swim. 

We went to so many dances!! School dances, Institute dances, and even held our own dances in our apartments. We made dancing fun. I loved dressing up in crazy outfits and having a blast. The DI was our best friend. We found all our outfits there for every dance we went to.

Gangsta Dance Party! 

80's 

This one wasn't supposed to be a dress up funny dance. It was during our ULA Leadership Training. But we all came dressed up anyways! Go Dixie!

Institute Dance. Those three didn't dress up but I sure rocked my jumpsuit and fanny pack! (Thanks to Cami for having such a rocking jump suit) 

Quin still has his jumpsuit he is wearing in this picture. He refuses to get rid of it. Who knows...I guess it could come in handy some day. 

White Out Dance. I had shiny leggings and I still have them and wear them sometimes. 

For Halloween Rock the Mall. 

Homecoming Dance 2009. We got to meet  Elder Holland!

DI Dance. Once again. It was our go-to place so we came up with a dance themed after just that. 

Roommates my Sophomore Year.

Graduating with our Associates together in 2008 


Someone played a prank on us and threw a duck in our apartment! I wanted to keep it but Quin threw it back out the door. I then made him help me take it back to the duck pond so it wouldn't get ran over.

It was so cute! 

I went to Havasupai twice. It is so fun to hike down it there and see how beautiful it is. We hiked down the year that it had the big flood. We were there two weeks before it happened.
This it the before pic of Havasu Falls.

And this is the picture of the year after of Havasu Falls. It used to be was cooler than it is now but it is still such a pretty place! I want to go back so bad. Quin has never been so we will definitely be making a trip down soon. 

We were inseparable for most of college. Now two of us are married and one just got back from a mission to Spain. Love these girls!!

Our first tattoos!! We thought we were pretty cool.

And of course. I couldn't leave out student government. This was a big part of my college experience. This was the first year I did it. I had no idea what I was gettin myself into but I had an absolute blast! I am so glad I was able to be a part of such a wonderful thing!

This was the second year I did it. We called ourselves the Dream Team. We were pretty much the best year if I say so myself. And this pic is my most favorite of all the student gov pics!

I had to include the Dream Team picture.  

I have so many pictures of so many fun things but this post is just getting way to long!! But I highly enjoyed looking through them all. I even had old videos. Haha now those are hilarious. Some of the things we did I'm pretty sure we were nuts but we had fun doing it all. College was the best experience and I so glad I was at Dixie for all of it. It is a fun school and both Quin and I have loved it here.

We're definitely ready for the next chapter though. Who knows where we will be at this time next year but most likely it won't be here in St. Geezy. Cheers to the past and to what the future holds. Crazy how time flies so fast. Definitely cherish every moment you have.

4 comments:

  1. Why am I just now finding out you have a blog!! I miss those good ol' days. We had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blast from the past but in every picture you have of me I have a bun. Ha ha who would have thought I would be the first married off. Also don't worry I was laughing too and I am all alone too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel!! Do you guys have a blog?? If so...where the hey who is it :)

    Chelsi...haha I just went back and looked at that. That is hilarious!! You have a nice bun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when you can have a little walk down memory lane. Good times. Don't worry that as I was going through my closet this morning, I still decided to keep that AWESOME jumpsuit "just in case" there is another prime moment that I might need it;).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showin some love :D