Monday, May 30, 2011

memorial day weekend

Alright. I'm not going to lie. This isn't going to be the most exciting post. I've just been super duper busy. I had to work Saturday and Sunday but we did get to squeeze some fun into this holiday weekend.

First fun moment...one of my old roommates and her husband came into town on Friday, Cami and Zane. Her brother and his wife, Nate and Camille, who are also some of our good friends, all went out to dinner at a really good Thai food restaurant. It was Nate's birthday so of course we had to celebrate a little bit. The restaurant is a new one here in St. George and i haven't really ever eaten Thai food but oh my word...it is some stinking good food! We had some curry...my first thought, uh that just sounds gross, no thanks. But I tried some an it was way good. If anyone knows of any recipes to try at home I would love to try to make some! Probably not near as good as theirs but oh my yummy.

Camille, Me, and Cami at the restaurant. The only picture we got all night!

After eating we went back to Nate and Camille's new house and ate some yummy cake and watched Nate opened his gifts. It was so fun hanging out with these guys. We hadn't seen Cami and Zane in forever so it was fun to catch up. They moved to New Mexico so it has been awhile for sure. It is crazy how things have changed so much since we first moved down here for college. We have all grown up! Crazy. Anyways, those lucky four are headed on a cruise!

Our second fun moment was hanging out with Quin's sister, Marie and her kids. We went and swam at the pool, had a little BBQ, and just hung out. It was so nice just to relax outside and not have to worry about work! Quin starts school tomorrow so it was nice "ending" to his summer break haha. Once again, we didn't take many pictures (I promise I will get better. I'm just in a dry spell right now). But I did get a couple of the kids. They are getting so big!

Little Sadie in her cute hat

Allie. She loves the pool! 

Quin grilling our burgers! 

Hope everyone had a great Memorial day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have so so many good curry recipes so you'll just have to tell me what kind of curry you had and I can send you a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Lia does have great curry recipes!! Lia, give her a good Thai Curry, one with coconut milk...and then send it to me as well:) I loved being able to see you guys while we were there! Wish we could visit more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showin some love :D