Sunday, May 22, 2011

another great weekend

This past weekend we traveled down to the bustling town of Las Vegas and cheered on my little brother, Chase, for another state championship. This time it was for baseball. This little team has done so well these past two years! They ended up winning 15 to 0. Yep. It was that close! Haha. We thought it'd be more of a game because the team they played has almost beat them a couple times so we thought they'd be out for blood! But nope. They never even scored.

Chase plays shortstop and he does a great job! This state championship is there 6th in two years. They won all three last year (football, basketball, and baseball) and won all three this year! They are an amazing little team. It's always fun going out and watching Chase play. Last year at this time, Quin and I were getting married so Chase wasn't able to come to the temple because he was playing baseball. It is so crazy that it was a year ago! Anyways, congrats to the Panthers for taking state!





The whole town of Alamo! 

Brothers. 



Family! 



Congrats little brother!! Again... :)

This weekend we also went to Quin's boss's wife's Baby Shower. Josh and Allie. They are so stinking cute and we are so excited for them to have their baby boy! She is due in a week and a half. Robin and CJ put on a wonderful dinner of Cafe Rio salads and it was delicious and Robin made so many cute crafts to give to Allie. I wish I would have taken more pictures but we were having such a great time I totally forgot.

Drew and Dab and Brett and Mischa were also there. All the husbands work together in the Admissions office at Dixie. Drew works in Advisement but it is all in the same building! We have gotten so close with all these couples its been so fun. It's funny when you hang out with married couples, all the husbands go in their corner and chat and all the wives go in the other corner and talk. They have their man talk and we have our girl talk! We talked alot about having kids and the "birth stories". Mischa and Robin both have kids so they had their input. It was fun to hear their stories. Dab and I have no kids so we listened and go great pointers for when we have kids....I can't even imagine having one now. It's so unreal!

Anyways, Congrats to Josh and Allie for their soon to be baby!



Allies "I don't think I know what I got myself into" Face 

We had a great weekend this week! A good way to end our vacation week. Now it's back to the real world and it came back with a vengeance. I work major overtime this week, ugh. Overtime might be a wonderful word to some, but not to me. Five night shifts in a row, two day shifts...Seven shifts in eight days...please don't judge me if I get a little grouchy half way through this week. I will do my best not to be!

Also, yesterday was supposed to be the end of the world according to some guy. Looks like we are all still alive and doing well. I was sooooo worried about it.

Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showin some love :D