for quins ambassador christmas party this year they decided to draw names instead of do the usual 'white elephant' gifts. they also chose to give homemade gifts instead of going and buying them. good idea right? well quin decided he wanted to make a hat. not just make any hat, he wanted to crochet a hat. he learned when he was younger so he kind of knew the gist of how to do it. we looked up 'how to' videos on youtube and went at it! it was pretty hilarious to watch quin crochet but we had fun. we were two old farts sitting on our couch just crocheting away. quin did surprisingly pretty good! all we needed was a little cat to play with our yarn!
quin concentrating on the youtube video
finished product!
look how good we did! we chose different ones so that the girl who gets them will have two to wear that don't look the same. quin is pretty thoughtful when it comes to his gift giving. i am pointing at a flower that i added but you can't really see it. we added a little pompom on top of quins because he had a big hole where he started but i think it looks pretty dang good. it took us a couple days but it was fun to learn a new thing together. we both would get cramps in our hands from trying to crochet so fast! quin stopped at one but i have made a couple more since this one. i will never run out of beanies to wear now!
I love them both!! how awesome that you guys know how to crochet now :) I expect to see some more fun sweet hats/scarves in the future :) And the girl that gets them is lucky!
ReplyDeleteWow! How in the world did you do that? I learned how to crochet as a girl, but never kept up with it and no way could I do what you did! Especially off an youtube video! Great job. Better get all those fun projects out of the way before children arrive -- time and priorities change... I certainly have no time for crocheting now... Keep up the great work!
ReplyDelete"Aunt J"
Ok ya Dani I love the one you made with the flower on it. It turned out really cute. I want one. Get those lil granny hands busy and make me one for christmas. haha jk but I seriously think its cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Amy i really will make you one!! They aren't too hard. What color would you like???
LOL oh Dani, I just love you. Sorry to everyone else cuz I beat you to it. Dani cant make one for everyone, just me. Haha jk. I think the white one is really cute and plus then it can be worn with everything. Dont feel like you have to make me one tho cuz I really was joking.
ReplyDeleteOf course I am going to make you one! They only take days to complete...haha kidding! They don't take long at all. And if anyone else wants one I can make them one too i guess! Hats all around!
ReplyDelete