Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alamo Softball League!

This summer we were convinced by my good friend Lacy Park to join thier softball team in the Alamo softball league. I'm so glad we were able to play in it! It was alot of fun and it was so good to get to hang out with her again. She has been married for a couple years now and I only ever see her when I come home to Alamo, which is usually during the holidays. This summer, Quin and I spent a little more time in Alamo than we probably wanted but we made our fun out of it!

Anyways, so our let me tell you a little about this softball league. It is slow pitch softball, so its not very uncompetitive anyways. Well Alamo found even MORE ways not to make it competitive. No scoring. The umpires pretty much let you swing as many times as you can til you hit the ball. There are ten people out in the field. Most of the people playing are over 40. And if anyone scores a homerun than that person is the only person that can score a homerun during the game or its an out! BUT we tried to make our fun out of it! Especially for those who never played softball and just want to have a good time out there. Here are some memorable times from the Hap Hazard team...

  • Quins two homeruns in one game.

  • Quins one homerun that hit the score board.

  • Playing against a drunken pitcher.

  • My mom running from the ball everytime it came her way. 

  • Quin having to run across the outfield to get the ball my mom just ran away from.

  • Playing with some good friends!

  • Shaun and his wife storming out of the game because we let a 72 year old lady get to first.

  • My mom biffing it on her way to first.

  • Living up to our Hap Hazard name.

  • Laughing our heads off at old people trying to keep thier game on.

  • Watching people run to first base.

  • Taunya's outfield throw that went she only threw four feet in front of her...twice.

Well there are just a couple good memories from the great softball league! This past Friday was our last game. We sure had a fun time playing but we are glad to get back to St. George for good. School starts next week so we gotta get prepared! Ugh...I'm not ready for the summer to be over with.

Another good thing that happened this weekend was that I got to see my best friend Chelsi! I hadn't seen her since my wedding so I was so happy her and her husband, Abel, were in town. They live up in Logan so we rarely get to see eachother. We have been friends since we were like 3 years old and spent every day together. Her family was my second home. I spent more time at her house than mine during high school. We even went to Dixie together and were roommates for two years. And then she got married to her "second" best friend :).  We went from spending every day together to living our own seperate married lives. I love her and her family so much and am so happy to have been such good friends with her!  Love ya to death Chelsi!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dani... Give me a break, dont act for one second that you enjoyed playing softball. We have always hated it! lol jk, I'm sure it was kinda fun. haha. Did they ever even let you play or did you ride the bench?? haha im laughing so hard right now. Those were some good memories! Cute stuff about Chelsi. I love you girls so much and I wish that we all lived closer together. I wish we could all get together with our hubbies. Although we would probably have more fun without them there lol. I miss you girls a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Amy! I laughed really hard at this. I seriously thought of you and our softball days when we were playing! It was fun ONLY because it was nothing like high school! And we definitely need to get together. We just need to meet up somewhere! I hate that we all live so far apart too! I miss you so much! Hopefully i'll see ya sooner than later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I can just see your mom running away from the ball every time it came near her. She is great. It was great seeing you this weekend. I have missed you so much. I am so happy for you and Quin and hopefully it won't be so long till we see each other again. I also just remembered that next year is our five year reunion and we have to open up our predictions. We have to make sure all of us come down, even if we have to fly Kalee home from who knows where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes our 5 year predictions! That will be so fun. We did not do so good guessing our lives cuz nothing has turned out the way we had planned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showin some love :D